5 Tips to create more memorable Social Media Posts
1. Create Visually Attractive Tweets. It's a proven fact that visual content has a larger retention rate than plain simple text.
- A picture paints a thousand words - Using relevant images on social media makes your message stand out. It also allows you to gain attention, build loyalty, communicate vital information, and increase engagement. ... When you stay consistent and connect images with your marketing message, your brand will have more staying power. If you use the same theme or colours in all your graphics they become recognisable as the consumer scrolls past which might make them stop and read your message. Canva is a very easy free tool to help you make social graphics.
- Make sure your images are the correct size. It is such a fail to have half a photo in Twitter. The correct size for Facebook and Instagram is Square and Twitter is 440x220 (landscape on your phone) Read the full brief on the correct size to use in all images in this Blog HERE
- When you upload a picture on Instagram, you have the option to push it to Twitter to share with all of your followers -- that doesn't mean you should. A while back, Twitter stopped showing Instagram photos. Instead, Instagram photos pushed to Twitter show up in tweets as links. Not good!
Example - Axa Ireland tweeted a photo recently - This showed a Crash Screen - however the image showed cables and a tool boxes. The actual photo paints a very different picture. Had they just turned the phone around to Landscape their Tweet would have had much bigger impact.
2. Tag your Audience, Relevant Brands or Influencers.
- Are you quoting someone? Is your post of interest to some one? Is there someone else in the photo? Are you tagging some one? Make sure you use there @Name
3. Always use a Call to Action.
- A CTA is a prompt to get your reader to do something – go to your website, sign up, read more, book a ticket. Because clicks are measurable using CTAs will give you insights about your audience, and how they behave.
- CTAs have proven to be extremely successful on multiple social platforms, with one study discovering that adding CTAs on your Facebook page can increase the click-through-rate by as much as 285%. By not including this kind of feature online, you could be missing out on many valuable sales that make the success of your business soar.
4. Use Relevant Hashtags.
- Hashtags are how people search or join the conversation, the hashtag is used to draw attention, to organize, and to promote. Hashtags got their start in Twitter as a way of making it easier for people to find, follow, and contribute to a conversation. You can create your own hashtag or use a popular one. Events like #ValentinesDay, #MothersDay, #COYBIB, #OTD are very popular Hashtags. Hashtags can be very popular, today #InternationalWomensDay2020 and #Covid-19 are trending., you an join the conversation by using them - once your content is relevent. Read my Blog about how to use Hashtags effectively to increase your reach. HERE
5. Add a Hint of Humor. … we all like a smile
- The power of humour can be a formidable asset in social media marketing, but it is not an appropriate for every brand and must be used with discretion. You must ask does it fit within the current tone of voice of your Business? Does it relate to the image of the brand? For example, it might be a bit of a shock to fans accustomed to a somber, factual tone if they were suddenly regaled with witty banter.
The next question to ask is what kind of humorous approach and which topics would resonate with your target audience. Some brands and their followers might be more amenable to displays of wit and wordplay, others might be more interested in dark humor or geeky in-jokes, and then there are those who love cat videos. Something like a #FunnyFriday would work even for the serious businesses.
If you would like more information on this or any other side of Social Media send Rhona and email HERE